Sunday, April 10, 2011

Playroom Declutter

Lately our playroom has felt a bit cluttered. In the past when it felt cluttered I added more storage. But I realized that hasn’t helped much.

Here are the photos:

This photo is take from the entry way into the playroom.

IMG_5026

After:

IMG_5046

I have switched the couches around to give more room for play. I cleared out underneath the train table     

This  photo is from another door. You can see our storage bins straight ahead. My goal was to go from 3 storage units to 1. (plan changed later).

 

Before:

IMG_5030

After

IMG_5044

I cleared all the clutter from the top of the shelves,

Here is the art corner before:

 IMG_5033

After:

IMG_5047

I moved the plastic storage to my upstairs supply closet. I moved all the art supplies into a red bin on the first shelf, so that visually it is much less cluttered.

Here is our train table, which also has storage underneath.

IMG_5035

You can’t tell from this picture, but I combined some storage bins in order clear out underneath the table. Here you can really see the change in the corner of the room though.

IMG_5042

What I really wanted to accomplish was to make the room feel less cluttered. I wanted less visual clutter. I also wanted more space to play. The room was just feeling so dark and over crowded.

I am really happy with the result. Monkey even said “Wow Mommy, I am so proud of you!”

No comments:

Post a Comment