Saturday, May 29, 2010

Where has the time gone

Well, it has been a while since I posted last. A lot has happened in the last 8 months or so.

My darling Alligator who is 16 months now was recently diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy. He has had some significant delays in both gross motor and speech. After many tests, and many visits to see experts it was discovered that he had some damage to his brain, probably at birth. His CP is mild, and he is just starting to learn to walk. So, he is very lucky, and very blessed. Although only time will tell, so far it seems he will have an almost "normal" life.

I have decided to go ahead and post what I am working on with him, as well as what I am working on with Monkey (who is 4 now...wow oh wow).

Currently with Monkey I am doing Itty Bitty Bookworm. We are working on the June curriculum. I will be throwing in some of the games from Confessions of a Homeschooler. I love her letter themes, and Monkey seems to too. Over a year ago, I started setting out his work in trays, which he really seems to enjoy. So I still do that. Monkey goes to preschool in the fall every morning and one full day a week, so I am not sure what I will be working on with him once school starts, but for now this is what we are doing.

1 comment:

  1. so glad your back can't wait to read about what all they are learning!

    ReplyDelete