Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Outdoor Adventures

image

~It’s too hot~It’s too cold~It’s too bright~I’m bored~I want to watch TV~

Does any of that sound familiar? This is what I hear whenever I dare try to get my kids outside.

I don’t understand it at all, I loved playing outside when I was a kid. But my rambunctious boys do not enjoy being outside, especially my oldest.

Monkey will do races inside the house. He will happily jump on our couch, or from the couch and crash land onto his bean bag chair. Just don’t ask him to play outside.

Now, they do love the park, and we go quite often. Monkey will play outside if we have friends over, but that just doesn’t happen that often.

We have a pool, but “I DON”T WANT TO GO SWIMMING!” is what I am constantly told.

 IMG_5480

We have a water/sand table.

IMG_5477

We have a little swing set.

IMG_4525

We have a beautiful sandbox.

IMG_4523

We have a bazillion outdoor toys/ride on toys/water guns….you name it we have it.

But again, they would prefer to be inside, normally watching TV, which is happening way to often.

So, I have a plan. I am going to start planning outside adventures for the boys. Things we can do outside. Maybe they need more structured play. They both thrive on structured games inside, so why not outside.

I have gathered a few resources to get us started, and we’ll see how it goes.

I will do a series of posts about what we did, and how they reacted.

I am hoping by planning some activities, not only will it make the outdoor time more enjoyable, it will also give them ideas of things they can do outside in the future.

Wish me luck!

Also, if you know of any great outdoor activities, please leave a comment and a link, I can use the help!

No comments:

Post a Comment