Tuesday, February 8, 2011

First Art Box

 

I have decided to try an art box. Monkey is so into building and putting together “contraptions” (his word). So I thought if I gathered some materials and put them in a box he could create something marvelous.

I have seen this idea on several blogs.

Here is what the box looks like:

photo (2)

And here are all the contents so you can actually see the items.

photo

I have included:

Valentine hearts and stickers, also some sticks with hearts on them.

Some pipe cleaners,, and some popsicle sticks.

Plates and paper.

String.

Animal stamps and a stamp pad.

Do a dot markers.

Tape, glue, scissors, and a hole punch.

Monkey will only be allowed to use this when he is supervised. He is now banned from scissors, unless he is watched and has permission. He was cutting things ( shoes, clothes, sheets, hair, toys…) We finally got wise and banned him from scissors. He now knows he will lose his TV if he has scissors when he hasn’t specifically asked.

I will post later and let you know what he and Alligator have created.

1 comment: