Thursday, February 24, 2011

Green and St. Patrick’s Day Walls and Collage

 

With St. Patrick’s Day approaching, I decided this would be a good time to start teaching Alligator his colors. Obviously, we will start with green.

Me and Marie has some wonderful printable learning aids, and they aren’t that expensive. I purchased the St. Patrick’s Day bundle and the green bundle.

I have placed our Green wall dislpay in the kitchen. I put it there, because we spend a lot of time in there through out the day, so I thought it would give us lots of chances to mention the colors, and the items.

Here is what the display looks like. I cut out a big swatch of green construction paper, then put the green words underneath (after laminating), I also hung up the green song.

IMG_4588

I also have a similar display in the play room. But this display is our St. Patrick’s Day display. I have the song in the middle, along with our vocabulary cards. As well as the shamrocks on our magnetic board, so that we can act out the song.

IMG_4587

We also worked on a green collage. Alligator seemed to enjoy this, but it took a lot of coaxing at first. Monkey really wasn’t interested, but he did make me a nice bracelet.

IMG_4589    IMG_4590

While working on it Alligator kept sticking the happy face stickers on his nose. Too Cute!

IMG_4596

Here is Alligator’s final product! To make it simpler for him, I pulled out things that were green. So he didn’t have to sort through to find green stuff. We used wrapping paper, ribbon, stickers, tissue paper, and a do a dotter.

IMG_4597

1 comment: