Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sight Words, Catch a Fish Game

I recently went to Ross, and found some great deals. Ross is a store like TJ Maxx, which has lots of name brand items at a great discount. I love shopping at Ross, you can find some great deals.

I would this game:

IMG_5253

Click the picture above to see it at Amazon. Amazon is selling it for $19.99, but I got it at Ross for like 6 dollars (I think). image

Here is the picture off of Amazon. The fish have letters on them. There is at least one fish for each letter in the alphabet, as well as many blends, and chunks. So it will be great when we get into word families.

But for now I had Monkey make his sight words with them. I pulled out the necessary letters, and he built the words. They click together like puzzles, but you can also string them on the provided shoelace.

 

IMG_5251  

IMG_5252

It comes with some cards, which we haven’t explored yet, but I will eventually.

This is just another way to expose Monkey to his sight words. The more exposure, the easier they become automatic.

You can also turn them over so that the letters aren’t showing and work on patterning. Monkey had fun with that as well.

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment