Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Daily Checklist

I have recently discovered the website, Life As Mom. Not only does it have great tips for organizing your home, and homeschooling, she also offers a e-book called Organizing Life as Mom.
Well, I had to buy it. Anyone that knows me knows that I love to make list and (at least on paper) get organized.
My favorite sheet in the planner was the Daily Checklist. You can view the sheet here, (scroll down and you’ll see it as a picture).
This list has really helped me.  I used the e-book, and created my own list of things that I need to do. My list is in order of when (theoretically) I would accomplish each task. But I also like that I can do them out of order.
Here is my list:
Up and Pretty
Make Bed
Kids dressed
Breakfast
Unload dishwasher- and load
Clean counters and black table
Sweep
Gym
Lunch
Kitchen cleanup
Naps
Tidy playroom
Get laundry on
Daily chore
Get Jack from School
laundry to dryer
Dinner:_____________________
Kitchen cleanup
Make Jack's lunch
fold laundry put away
Run dishwasher
Tidy living room and play room
Set out clothes
Once I updated the checklist to make it my own, I printed 5 of them, and laminated them. This way I have a week’s worth, and can write on them as I think of things I need to do. (I have them for Monday through Friday, weekends are a different schedule…maybe eventually I will make a weekend one).
I use a dry erase marker to cross things off as I do them. I love the sense of accomplishment I feel for scratching things off.

No comments:

Post a Comment