Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years Resolutions- 3 in 30!

I have a new theory this year with my resolutions. I am going to make monthly, achievable, and measurable goals.
As far back as I can remember my goal has been to lose weight. And this my resolution is “to lose weight” again. However, I am going to break it down my month.  And no I don’t mean “ I am going to lose 10 pounds this month”. My goal each month will be adding a routine to help me reach my goal of life long weight loss.
But, I am not stopping there. I also want to be keep a tidier house. So I will have a goal each month to help with that.
My final goal will be to continue to blog. I enjoy blogging, I love to look back at the things I have done with my kids.

So to recap, my resolutions for this year are:
1. Lose weight
2. Keep a tidier house
3. Blog
Now for the mini-goals for January:
  • My goal in January is to journal my food 6 out of 7 days a week. I don’t care what I eat, I will journal it. My hope is that getting in the habit of journaling it will make me more mindful of what I am eating, and will also help me see where I am, so I can get to where I want to be. No, I will not be posting my food journal on here, I will use my I-pod touch to log in my food and activity. Every week I will blog about how I am doing with this goal! Now, I am not giving myself license to eat what ever I want, but no matter what I want to journal it.
  • Mini-goal number 2: I am using flylady’s techniques as my guide. So for the month of January I will set up and complete a morning and evening routine (for more info on flylady visit http://www.flylady.net/)
Here is my morning routine:
  1. Get Dressed and pretty (that means do hair and makeup)
  2. Unload and reload dishwasher
  3. Clear and disinfect counters and black table
  4. Sweep
  5. Move laundry to dryer
  6. Plan dinner
Here is my evening routine:
  1. Put load of laundry in washer
  2. Load dishwasher and turn it on.
  3. Clear and clean counters and table.
  4. Pick up Living room.
  5. Put out my clothes and get the boys “to go” boxes ready (read more about that here)
  6. Do face and teeth
If I can do that every day I will be so much better off!
  • My final mini goal is to write the following blog posts per week
  1. Preschool corner
  2. Tot school
  3. January resolutions
Each month I will add to these mini-goals. Wish me luck!
After reading this post, a friend of mine pointed out a great blog carnival called 3 in 30. It is the same principle as above! Check it out, here!

1 comment:

  1. thats a great list you need to link up to the 3 in 30 post that is monthly I just posted my 3 in 30 for january :) http://butterflywishesformygirls.blogspot.com/2011/01/3-in-30-january.html

    ReplyDelete