Monday, January 17, 2011

Tot-School 1-17-11

Tot School has been busy this week, but mostly because Alligator has been very sick. On Tuesday he was vomiting and had a fever of 103. Alligator had his surgery this week and got tubes in his ears. He has been much better since. I pray that the tubes help him stay healthy, and help his speech. So a lot of this week was spent in pajamas.

I must say, I am amazed with this surgery. He is a different child! He has pretty much been sick since mid-October. Man, when he is well….he wants to be busy. He constantly wants to have something to do. Which is a huge change, while sick he spent most of his time cuddling me, or watching TV. Not anymore….busy boy!

Now I know my ABC

from Totally Tots

Totally Tots has a unite on A is for Astronaut. So we followed that. I made an “A” sensory tub.

IMG_4333IMG_4338

Alligator enjoyed the song and playing with the magnets to “5 little Astronauts”

IMG_4371

IMG_4334

We made rocket ships to go with the theme. Check out my post here.

IMG_4367

Learning Games:

I would like to use trays but I don’t have a seperate area that is just for “school” so Alligator would have access to them all the time. So these would be on trays if I had a way to keep him out of them normally.

Straws and a cheese container ( I have seen this in so many times, and we finally finished off a cheese container!!!!!)

IMG_4372

Time For Tots Activity: I am amazed Alligator can match colors. YAY….

IMG_4340

Playing with our Teach my Baby Kit. This is for teaching early numbers. But they are animal hand puppets and they have a board with holes that you can put them in and take them out of. He even learned which animals go in which holes. He put them in and out for over 20 minutes. I tried to get him to say their names, or sounds but he didn’t. But we are working on it.

IMG_4346IMG_4343

Time for Tots activity. Tiny objects that I put in ice for him to play with. He transferred with a spoon, he felt the ice, and picked out items. This was a big hit!

IMG_4403

He colored at his art table.

IMG_4378       

He pulled out his music bin many times and has a ball playing songs. I am starting to think he really will be a musician. I think he be a percussionist!     

IMG_4368

He rode on Rody ( as you can see he is still sick…in fact a couple hours after this he had a very high fever)

IMG_4350

 

He had a blast building and crashing cup towers with Daddy and Monkey

IMG_4389

Please click the link to see what others have done for Tot-School!.

No comments:

Post a Comment